Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
We have searched the globe to find you the best erupting instant snow. Create a blizzard with this exciting powder that erupts into snow with water. No stirring. That's right, make artificial snow that looks and feels like the real thing! You wont be able to take your hands off the piles of fluffy, white flurry. The secret is in the superabsorbent polymer powder that expands up to 40 times its size with water. As used in movies and indoor skate parks.
Age: 5+ with adult supervision.
What you get
4 teaspoons of Instant Snow powder in a zip lock bag. Enough to make over 1 litre of fluffy, dry snow. Safe and non-toxic.
How does it work?
Simply add 1/4 cup of water to 1 level teaspoon of powder and watch it erupt in seconds. This amazing superabsorbent polymer can absorb many times its weight in water and grow up to 40 times its size. Wow! The cross-linked molecules have a high sodium content attracting water into the polymer system through a process called osmosis. Leave the snow to dry out and it is reusable. A great science fair project!
- Superabsorbent polymers and their use in real life applications, like in babys nappies and agriculture to retain water in soil.
- The process of osmosis, in this case, the passive movement of water through a membrane from low to high salt concentration. What happens when salt is sprinkled on the snow?
- Evaporation: when water evaporation occurs and the snow dries out, it is ready it erupt again.
- Physical reaction as opposed to a chemical reaction. The polymer changes physically from powder to artificial snow, but there is no new chemical made (so this is not a chemical reaction). Ice melting is another example of a physical reaction.
- This is the real deal. Be aware of cheap imitations. It is hard to get instant snow powder that has true erupting WOW factor. To be sure ask if the snow needs to be stirred. If so, it is not the erupting kind.
- This artificial snow doesnt melt, it is long-lasting and is even reusable when completely dried out.
- To refresh your snow if it looks a little tired and dry, simply squirt with a fine mist of water and fluff. It can be used outdoors.
- To dispose add it to any plant or garden soil to increase its water retaining properties.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||3-4 Years, 5-6 Years, 7-8 Years, 9-10 Years|