UV Torch, 51 LED, 395nm Black Light
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
Use this large, super-bright 51-LED handheld black light for UV and glowing experiments. A more powerful version of our popular 21-LED UV Torch to give an extra fluorescing 'ummph', but still light-weight and portable. Powered by 3 AA batteries (sold separately), this black light is ideal for classroom use, where mini black lights don't quite cut it and large black lights too bulky and cumbersome.
Age: 10 + with adult supervision
What You Get
51-LED UV torch with wrist strap in a box. Requires 3 AA batteries (sold separately).
- Super bright 100-LED UV torch
- Light frequency: 390 - 400 nm.
- Size: 15cm long and 5.5cm head diameter
- Perfect for glow experiments, camping, travel, boating, home emergency kits, or even walking the dog
- Brightness: 20000-22000 MCD (Millicandela), 6-8 hours
- Full aluminium construction (rubber on/off switch on top of the torch)
- Portable, but powerful
- Flat LED light face (no glass)
- Approved: CE / FCC
- Nylon Wrist Strap included
- Requires 3 AA Batteries (sold separately)
How does it work?
This hand held black light uses ultraviolet (UV) light that can cause many substances to glow or fluoresce. The torch's spectrum is confined to the low-energy, long-wave range of UV light, thus will not cause sunburn and will not harm eyes like sunlight. Still it's not a good idea to shine the torch directly into your own, or other people's eyes. Objects glow under black light, because they absorb the invisible UV radition and emit a light of a different wavelength that is visible to us as luminescence. The effect is awesome!
- The science of glow lies in the product's phosphors. A phosphor is a substance that radiates visible light after being energized.
- Ultraviolet light and the different wavelengths of light in the visible and invisible spectrum
|Age Group||9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|