Instant Snow - Classroom Bulk Pack
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
Create a blizzard in your classroom or at a party with this exciting powder that erupts into snow with water. No stirring. We have searched the globe to find you the best erupting instant snow. Make fluffy artificial snow that looks and feels like the real thing! The secret is in the superabsorbent polymer powder that expands up to 40 times its size with water. There is enough powder in this bulk pack for a group of 30 children to erupt a cup of their own flurry.
Age: 5 + with adult supervision.
What you get
3/4 Cup - more than 30 teaspoons - of Instant Snow powder in a zip lock bag. Enough to make over 5 litres of fluffy, white snow. Safe and non-toxic.
How does it work?
Simply add 1/4 cup of water to 1 level teaspoon of powder and watch it erupt in seconds. Why not add some food dye to the water for a colourful effect? This amazing superabsorbent polymer is related to the polymer used in baby's nappies. The polymers molecular structure is such that it can absorb many times its weight in water and grow up to 40 times its size. Wow! The cross-linked molecules have a high sodium content attracting water into the polymer system through a process called osmosis. Get to use with a group of children at a party or in the classroom. They can even take their cup home in a zip lock bag to re-use again.
- Superabsorbent polymers and their use in real life applications, like in babys nappies and agriculture to retain water in soil.
- The process of osmosis, in this case, the passive movement of water through a membrane from low to high salt concentration. What happens when salt is sprinkled on the snow?
- Evaporation: when water evaporation occurs and the snow dries out, it is ready it erupt again.
- Physical reaction as opposed to a chemical reaction. The polymer changes physically from powder to artificial snow, but there is no new chemical made (so this is not a chemical reaction). Ice melting is another example of a physical reaction.
- This is the real deal. Be aware of cheap imitations. It is hard to get instant snow powder that has erupting WOW factor. To be sure ask if the snow needs to be stirred. If so, it is not the erupting kind.
- The artificial snow doesnt melt, it is long lasting and is even reusable when completely dried out.
- To refresh your snow if it looks a little tired and dry, simply squirt with a fine mist of water and fluff. It can be used outdoors.
- To dispose add it to any plant or garden soil to increase its water retaining properties.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||3-4 Years, 5-6 Years, 7-8 Years, 9-10 Years|