UV Torch, 9 LED, 395nm Black Light
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
With this ultra-bright and efficient 9-LED torch you can brighten-up UV colour change beads, fluoresce glow-in-the-dark objects (even during the day), search for security markings, check out fluorescent minerals in rocks and much more. For an out-of-this-world effect shine the powerful black light on our glow-in-the-dark putty and watch it glow a temporary eerie green colour, or excite our wonder stars so they even glow for a short-time in daylight. Demonstrate the colour changing properties of our UV beads on grey, cloudy days by shining the purple light on the off-white beads and watching them change to a variety of vibrant colours.
Age: 10 + with adult supervision
What You Get
9-LED UV torch with wrist strap in a box. Requires 3 x AAA batteries, not included.
- Ultra bright 9-LED UV torch
- Light frequency: 390-400 nm.
- Size: 10cm long and 3.5cm in diameter
- Perfect for glow experiments, camping, travel, boating, home emergency kits, or even walking the dog
- Long lasting bulbs burn up to 100,000 hours
- Full metal construction (rubber on/off switch on end of the torch)
- Portable and small enough to fit in your pocket or purse
- Flat LED light face (no glass)
- Approved: CE / FCC
- Nylon Wrist Strap included
- Requires 3 x AAA Batteries (not included)
How does it work?
The light-emitting diodes of this torch generate long wave ultraviolet (UV) light that can cause many substances to glow or fluoresce. Only a very small fraction of visible radiation from this torch passes through the filtering material which the human eye detects as a deep blue and violet colour. The torch's spectrum is confined to the low-energy, longwave range of UV light, thus will not cause sunburn and will not harm eyes like sunlight. Still it's not a good idea to shine the torch directly into your own, or other people's eyes. Objects glow under this balck light, because they absorb the invisible UV radition and emit a light of a different wavelength that is visible to us as luminescence. The effect is totally cool.
- The science of glow lies in the product's phosphors. A phosphor is a substance that radiates visible light after being energized.
- Ultraviolet light and the different wavelengths of light in the visible and invisible spectrum
CAUTION: Do not shine directly into eyes.