Power Supply - 2-12V AC/DC 5amp - STANDARD
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
This IEC Power Supply is a robust and compact unit and is designed for general laboratory, education or home use. It is suitable for use with our Hodson's Light Box or our Hodson's Light Box and Optical Set. It is also suitable for most experiments where close voltage regulation and DC ripple are not important. Standard 4mm spin free socket head terminals as are provided for both AC and DC outputs. These terminals will accept banana plugs, as well as spade (fork) terminals, and Crocodile/Alligator clips can also be used.
The modern compact housing has a convenient sloping front panel for ease of use and two inbuilt handles for ease of carrying. Mains cable is removable for ease of storage and replacement. Rubber feet grip the bench and prevent the unit from rocking or sliding.
NOTE: If the DC ripple must be reduced, a suitable electrolytic capacitor (perhaps 2500 microfarads x 40 volt) may be connected across the DC output terminals. When using electrolytic capacitors, take care to use correct polarity.
- 220/240V.AC. 50/60Hz 0.5 Amp Standard removable mains cable.
- By illuminated mains on/off rocker switch on front panel.
- AC output: Switch selected 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12V.AC (nominal) at 6 Amp continuous.
- DC output: Switch selected 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12V.DC (nominal) full wave rectified andunfiltered 5 Amps continuous.
- If both the AC and DC outputs are used simultaneously, when the total load exceeds about 6amps, the overload will trip.
- Overload and short circuit protection is by an audible, internal, automatically self-resettingthermal overload.
What You Get
IEC 2-12V AC/DC 5amp Power Supply. Measures approximately 16 x 14 x 11cm.
- Power Supply
- Power cable
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||12+ Years|