Hodson Light Box & Optical Set
Perform refraction, reflection, colour, and colour mixing experiments with ease.
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
Everything you need to conduct optical demos, labs and experiments, from the simple to the advanced, in one kit!
Designed and manufactured in Australia, this quality Light Box & Optical Set allows you to preform refraction, reflection, colour, and colour mixing experiments with ease.
The comprehensive set features an easy-to-use virtually unbreakable light box with an adjustable collimating lens, plus a full set of lenses, acrylic blocks, half-round and parabolic mirrors, slit plates, colour cards, and colour filters. Reflect, refract and colour blend light, observe and take measurements.
Here are just some of the things you can do with this comprehensive kit:
- Create single or multiple parallel, convergent or divergent beams.
- Blend up to three colors on a screen to study color mixing.
- Create and test complex light paths from theoretical layouts.
- Perform many more light and color experiments.
The Light Box & Optical set was designed back in 1971 and has undergone several improvements since that time (listed below). This original Australian kit remains the best quality and value for money worldwide.
The included instruction manual is packed with ideas for a broad range of experiments for almost every grade level. The kit includes a spare 12v, 36-watt bulb and special three-part molded styrene pack for safe, easy storage and transportation of the light box and all accessories. A power supply capable of producing 12 volts at 2 or 3 amps is required.
What you get
The Hodson Light Box & OPtical Set. A power supply such as our Mini Pak or Standard Pak is required and not included. Power requirements - 12V. AC/DC. at 2 to 3 Amp.
The Hodson Light Box Kits Contains:
- Light Box with adjustable collimating lens for the production of parallel beams and rays together with two swinging mirrors for colour blending.
- 1x Spare globe 12V.30W Quartz Halogen.
- 1x Set of 3 double ended slit formers to form rays through single, double, triple and 4 slits. Plus a wide slit for creating spectra and a blank to shut off the light.
- 1x Set of 8x colour filters: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Cyan, Magenta & Violet.
- 1x Set of colour plates: same colours as above, but non transparent.
- 1x Plain mirror on stand
- 2x Curved mirrors, parabolic and half round.
- 1x Rectangular acrylic block 75x50mm LxW
- 1x Half round acrylic block 75mm diam.
- 1x 45ox45ox90o acrylic prism
- 1x 60ox60ox60o acrylic prism
- 1x 60ox30ox90o acrylic prism
- 1x Bi-concave acrylic lens 7.5cm f/l
- 2x Bi-convex acrylic lenses. 7.5cm & 3.75cm f/l
- 1x Experiment book for optics.
Improvements from earlier models:
- The sliding collimating lens no longer uses a screw knob and there is nothing for the students to undo. The friction slider is convenient and robust.
- The colour filters are now moulded from high temperature poly carbonate.
- The colour cards are now moulded plates of colour.
- The new lamp is Quartz Halogen and the new socket cannot be twisted from the box by students.
- The new lamp is lower wattage and draws less current.
- The new lamp socket permits one Light Box to plug into another.
- The banana plugs on the cables are moulded on and are stackable. Cannot come loose or be removed.
- The sets of slits has been increased to a set of 3 to include a blank and a double slit.
- Optics and colour blending
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||12+ Years|