- Hodson Light Box & Optical Set
Hodson Light Box & Optical Set
Designed and manufactured in Australia, this quality Light Box & Optical Set allows you to preform refraction, reflection, colour, and colour mixing experiments with ease.
The comprehensive set features an easy-to-use virtually unbreakable light box with an adjustable collimating lens, plus a full set of lenses, acrylic blocks, half-round and parabolic mirrors, slit plates, colour cards, and colour filters. Reflect, refract and colour blend light, observe and take measurements.
Here are just some of the things you can do with this comprehensive kit:
- Create single or multiple parallel, convergent or divergent beams.
- Blend up to three colors on a screen to study color mixing.
- Create and test complex light paths from theoretical layouts.
- Perform many more light and color experiments.
The included instruction manual is packed with ideas for a broad range of experiments for almost every grade level. The kit includes a spare 12v, 36-watt bulb and special three-part molded styrene pack for safe, easy storage and transportation of the light box and all accessories. A power supply capable of producing 12 volts at 2 or 3 amps is required.
The Hodson Light Box Kits Contains:
- Light Box with adjustable collimating lens for the production of parallel beams and rays together with two swinging mirrors for colour blending.
- 1x Spare globe 12V.30W Quartz Halogen.
- 1x Set of 3 double ended slit formers to form rays through single, double, triple and 4 slits. Plus a wide slit for creating spectra and a blank to shut off the light.
- 1x Set of 8x colour filters: Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Cyan, Magenta & Violet.
- 1x Set of colour plates: same colours as above, but non transparent.
- 1x Plain mirror on stand
- 2x Curved mirrors, parabolic and half round.
- 1x Rectangular acrylic block 75x50mm LxW
- 1x Half round acrylic block 75mm diam.
- 1x 45ox45ox90o acrylic prism
- 1x 60ox60ox60o acrylic prism
- 1x 60ox30ox90o acrylic prism
- 1x Bi-concave acrylic lens 7.5cm f/l
- 2x Bi-convex acrylic lenses. 7.5cm & 3.75cm f/l
- 1x Experiment book for optics.
- The sliding collimating lens no longer uses a screw knob and there is nothing for the students to undo. The friction slider is convenient and robust.
- The colour filters are now moulded from high temperature poly carbonate.
- The colour cards are now moulded plates of colour.
- The new lamp is Quartz Halogen and the new socket cannot be twisted from the box by students.
- The new lamp is lower wattage and draws less current.
- The new lamp socket permits one Light Box to plug into another.
- The banana plugs on the cables are moulded on and are stackable. Cannot come loose or be removed.
- The sets of slits has been increased to a set of 3 to include a blank and a double slit.
- Optics and colour blending
|Age Group||12+ Years|
What are the shipping costs?
FREE Shipping is available on all orders over $120 to anywhere in Australia!
Orders under the value of $120 incur a low flat rate shipping cost of only $9.95 to anywhere in Australia.
Express, Registered and International delivery options are also available. The cost for these premium shipping services will be automatically calculated during the checkout process. Please conact us if you have any queries with these services.
In some cases we may need to apply a shipping surcharge to large or fragile items, especially to remote or non-urban locations. You will be contacted by us for confirmation if this additional charge is applicable.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?.
You should receive your order within 2 to 4 working days, although to some regional and out back areas it can take up to 2 working days longer. Orders going to WA also take a little longer, up to 6 working days.
All standard orders are shipped using Australia Post's eParcel service, so you'll be kept fully informed of the progress of your order during its journey to you. Aside from receiving regular email updates, you can enter your tracking number into Australia Post's website at any time for information about the delivery status of your order.
International delivery will take from between 1 to 4 weeks depending on the destination and potential customs clearance delays.
When will my order be shipped?
We ship every Victorian business day. Orders received and paid for by 12pm AEST time will generally be shipped the same day.
If you require your order urgently, we have a next day delivery express service available.
What locations do you ship to?
We ship to both Australian and International customers.
What shipping options are available?
The majority of orders are shipped using Australia Post's trackable eParcel service, with larger orders being sent by national courier.
We also have options for express or registered post. A number of international delivery options are also available. These can be selected during checkout.