- Quartz Clock Mechanism
Quartz Clock Mechanism
Make your own clock easily with this quartz clock movement mechanism.
Whether you are a student, hobbyist or serious clock maker, this clock movement will fit your needs. It runs on one AA battery and is accurate to around 2 minutes per year.
It comes with three sets of hands, each featuring a unique style sure to fit with any clock design, real or imagined.
This clock movement is also great for repairing a broken clock. So quick and easy to remove the old mechanism and replace with this accurate quartz movement.
Makes for an engaging science project to learn about machines, cog wheels and keeping time.
What You Get
Quartz Clock Mechanism XC0100. Comes with three sets of hands, and everything you need to fix or create your own clock, including:
- Clock mechanism
- Three sets of hands
- Includes sweep second hand
- Very compact 56 x 56 x 15mm size
- Self starting one second stepping motor
- Uses 1 x AA battery that lasts 1 year
- Shaft length 19mm, diameter 7.5mm
Assembling your clock
- Drill an 7.5 mm hole through the clock face to insert the movement shaft.
- If using a hanger, place this over the raised collar.
- Place the rubber washer onto the shaft.
- Insert shaft through clock face from the back and ensure it is positioned correctly.
- Thread the brass washer onto the shaft, followed by the brass nut. Tighten until finger tight.
- Gently press the hour hand onto the shaft and position at 12 oclock.
- Then press the minute hand onto the shaft and position at 12 oclock.
- Press sweep hand gently onto the pin inside the shaft (optional)
- Make sure there is clearance between the hands. You may need to bend the hands slightly to ensure that they do not catch on each other or on any design elements.
- Cogs and gears
- Clock movement
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||7-8 Years, 9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|
What are the shipping costs?
FREE Shipping is available on all orders over $120 to anywhere in Australia!
Orders under the value of $120 incur a low flat rate shipping cost of only $9.95 to anywhere in Australia.
Express, Registered and International delivery options are also available. The cost for these premium shipping services will be automatically calculated during the checkout process. Please conact us if you have any queries with these services.
In some cases we may need to apply a shipping surcharge to large or fragile items, especially to remote or non-urban locations. You will be contacted by us for confirmation if this additional charge is applicable.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?.
You should receive your order within 2 to 4 working days, although to some regional and out back areas it can take up to 2 working days longer. Orders going to WA also take a little longer, up to 6 working days.
All standard orders are shipped using Australia Post's eParcel service, so you'll be kept fully informed of the progress of your order during its journey to you. Aside from receiving regular email updates, you can enter your tracking number into Australia Post's website at any time for information about the delivery status of your order.
International delivery will take from between 1 to 4 weeks depending on the destination and potential customs clearance delays.
When will my order be shipped?
We ship every Victorian business day. Orders received and paid for by 12pm AEST time will generally be shipped the same day.
If you require your order urgently, we have a next day delivery express service available.
What locations do you ship to?
We ship to both Australian and International customers.
What shipping options are available?
The majority of orders are shipped using Australia Post's trackable eParcel service, with larger orders being sent by national courier.
We also have options for express or registered post. A number of international delivery options are also available. These can be selected during checkout.