Quartz Clock Mechanism
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
Make your own clock easily with this quartz clock movement mechanism.
Whether you are a student, hobbyist or serious clock maker, this clock movement will fit your needs. It runs on one AA battery and is accurate to around 2 minutes per year.
It comes with three sets of hands, each featuring a unique style sure to fit with any clock design, real or imagined.
This clock movement is also great for repairing a broken clock. So quick and easy to remove the old mechanism and replace with this accurate quartz movement.
Makes for an engaging science project to learn about machines, cog wheels and keeping time.
What You Get
Quartz Clock Mechanism XC0100. Comes with three sets of hands, and everything you need to fix or create your own clock, including:
- Clock mechanism
- Three sets of hands
- Includes sweep second hand
- Very compact 56 x 56 x 15mm size
- Self starting one second stepping motor
- Uses 1 x AA battery that lasts 1 year
- Shaft length 19mm, diameter 7.5mm
Assembling your clock
- Drill an 7.5 mm hole through the clock face to insert the movement shaft.
- If using a hanger, place this over the raised collar.
- Place the rubber washer onto the shaft.
- Insert shaft through clock face from the back and ensure it is positioned correctly.
- Thread the brass washer onto the shaft, followed by the brass nut. Tighten until finger tight.
- Gently press the hour hand onto the shaft and position at 12 oclock.
- Then press the minute hand onto the shaft and position at 12 oclock.
- Press sweep hand gently onto the pin inside the shaft (optional)
- Make sure there is clearance between the hands. You may need to bend the hands slightly to ensure that they do not catch on each other or on any design elements.
- Cogs and gears
- Clock movement
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||7-8 Years, 9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|