Potassium iodide UNIVAR 500g
A 500 g bottle of potassium iodide.
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
Every science lab requires a few essential chemicals, and this is definitely one of them.
Potasisum iodide is a salt of stable iodine. In some cases it's used as medication, helping people with their thyroid, or helping people who have been exposed to radiation. In your lab you can use it for experiments, like combining it with detergent and hydrogen peroxide to make exploding elephant toothpaste!
What you get
One 500 g bottle of potassium iodide.
- Chemical reactions
WARNING: Harmful if swallowed. Do not swallow or ingest. Avoid skin and eye contact. Do not breathe dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. If swallowed, rinse mouth thoroughly and call a POISON CENTER or doctor if you feel unwell. If skin contact occurs, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If in eyes rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses,
if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing If irritation continues, seek medical advice. If inhaled, remove victim to fresh air and seek medical attention.