LittleBits STEAM Student Set
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
The littleBits STEAM Student Set is the easiest way to integrate powerful STEM/STEAM learning into your classroom. It includes everything you need to engage up to 4 students and develop their 21st century skills - including 16+ hours of lessons!
8 Fun Challenges Included:
- Invent A Self-Driving Vehicle - Inspire students to design an electric car of the future as they experiment with motion and stability.
- Invent An Art Machine - Engage students in engineering design as they build their own automatic artistic assistant.
- Invent A Throwing Arm - Teach forces of motion and simple machines through a fun game of projectile-launching.
- Invent A Secruity Device - Explore environmental sensors with students as they create alarms that safeguard their stuff.
- Hack Your Classroom - Challenge our class to think critically and create electronic solutions to problems they see in the classroom.
- Invent For Good - inspire students to help inspire others by thinking creatively and creating simple machines to change the world.
- Chain Reaction Contraption - Channel Rube Goldberg as your class creates a cause-and-effect machine using engineering skills and systems and thinking.
What is littleBits?
littleBits makes an opensource library of electronic modules that snap together with tiny magnets for prototyping, learning, and fun. The winner of countless awards from Popular Science, Crains, Maker Faire and more. littleBits consists of tiny circuit-boards with specific functions engineered to snap together with magnets. No soldering, no wiring, no programming, just snap together for prototyping, learning and fun.
Each bit has a specific function (light, sound, sensors, buttons, thresholds, pulse, motors, etc), and modules snap to make larger circuits. Just as LEGO allows you to create complex structures with very little engineering knowledge, littleBits are small, simple, intuitive, blocks that make creating with sophisticated electronics a matter of snapping small magnets together. littleBits are mistake-proof and every module & kit we make can work with any other module & kit allowing you to grow your library of littleBits and create even more possibilities.
What's in the kit?
The littleBits STEAM Student Set is a popular education kit for up to 4 students to invent, prototype and learn. There are 19 Bits & 45 Accessories in the STEAM Student Set.
19 Bits & 45 Accessories include:
- DC motor (tethered)(2)
- Light Sensor
- Long LED
- RGB LED
- Slide dimmer
- Temperature sensor
- USB power
- Wire (2)
- Battery + cable
- Mechanical arm (3)
- MotorMate (4)
- Mounting boards (2)
- Screwdriver (2)
- Screws (4)
- Servo hub
- Servo mount
- Shoes (Hook & Loop) (24)
- USB Power Adapter + Cable
- Wheel (2)
littleBits connect with magnets making connecting them mistake-proof and easy. Modules are color coded to make circuit assembly easy. It all starts with Power (blue modules). Input modules, like a slide dimmer, are pink. Wire modules are orange and let you connect different modules together. Output modules like the servo are green.
Hundreds of additional projects (with videos and images) also available on the littleBits website
|Age Group||7-8 Years, 9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|