Science Wiz Sound
Explore the world of sound with the Science Whiz Sound kit. With this kit you can start by building your own working Edison Phonograph, then try recording and playing back your own sound recordings.
There are twenty different projects to complete, which will help you learn about sound vibration through fun!
You'll also receive a 48 page science book that will teach you the theory behind all the cool projects.
What You Get
Science Whiz Sound by ScienceWiz. Includes parts to build an Edison Phonograph and a 48 page science book. Three AA batteries required (not included).
- Over 30 parts for making the phonograph
- Decibel meter
- Sound tube
- Build a working Edison style phonograph
- Record and play back your own sound recordings
- Vibrate your vocal cords and visualize your voice print
- Measure sound with a decibel meter
- Use an audiometer to test your hearing
- Hear and transmit sounds many adults cannot hear
- Make a kazoo and a banjo
- Play a tune on water glasses
- Play the sound location game
- Transmit sounds through solids, liquids and gases
- Determine if sound waves travel through a vacuum
- Use a slinky to model sound waves
- Bounce, absorb and amplify sound waves
- Listen to your heart beat and explore how your ear works
- Discover whether fish have ears, what dogs can hear and how dolphins, whales and bats use sound
- Spin a sound tube to Doppler shift sound
- Waves and vibrations
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD Small Parts. Not for children under 3 years.
|Age Group||9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|
What are the shipping costs?
FREE Shipping is available on all orders over $120 to anywhere in Australia!
Orders under the value of $120 incur a low flat rate shipping cost of only $9.95 to anywhere in Australia.
Express, Registered and International delivery options are also available. The cost for these premium shipping services will be automatically calculated during the checkout process. Please conact us if you have any queries with these services.
In some cases we may need to apply a shipping surcharge to large or fragile items, especially to remote or non-urban locations. You will be contacted by us for confirmation if this additional charge is applicable.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?.
You should receive your order within 2 to 4 working days, although to some regional and out back areas it can take up to 2 working days longer. Orders going to WA also take a little longer, up to 6 working days.
All standard orders are shipped using Australia Post's eParcel service, so you'll be kept fully informed of the progress of your order during its journey to you. Aside from receiving regular email updates, you can enter your tracking number into Australia Post's website at any time for information about the delivery status of your order.
International delivery will take from between 1 to 4 weeks depending on the destination and potential customs clearance delays.
When will my order be shipped?
We ship every Victorian business day. Orders received and paid for by 12pm AEST time will generally be shipped the same day.
If you require your order urgently, we have a next day delivery express service available.
What locations do you ship to?
We ship to both Australian and International customers.
What shipping options are available?
The majority of orders are shipped using Australia Post's trackable eParcel service, with larger orders being sent by national courier.
We also have options for express or registered post. A number of international delivery options are also available. These can be selected during checkout.