- Code Gamer
Code Gamer by Thames & Kosmos is a game controller and app (for iOS and Android) combo designed to teach young programmers aged 10 and up the Arduino programming language.
As you play through the game's 15 levels, you'll solve increasingly complicated Arduino puzzles and customize your controller, learning how code can make the controller light up or play sounds as well as how sensors in the controller can interact with the game.
The kit, which must be used in conjunction with a tablet or smartphone, teaches practical skills for both coding and building high-tech gadgets using a real programming language. This kit is a great way to encourage an older child who's already interested in programming and technology.
The 47-piece set includes: an Arduino-compatible microcontroller with Bluetooth, a cable, rotary control wheel, circuit board, gamepad housing, two push buttons, motion sensor, temperature sensor, sound sensor, light sensor, miscellaneous project parts, and an instruction manual. In true Thames & Kosmos style, the 64-page manual includes detailed, step-by-step instructions with photographs and tons of information on coding vocabulary, concepts, projects, applications, and more.Once you have mastered Code Gamer, you'll know enough Arduino to build and program your own gadgets. This well-designed parent's choice winner bridges the digital and physical play worlds. The sky is the limit!Meet the the four sensorbots with special powers that plug into the gamepad.
- The sensorbot named Kelvin melts ice blocks when you warm its temperature sensor with your hand.
- The Decibels sensorbot will assist you if you trigger its sound sensor with noise.
- Lumen reveals things hidden in dark spaces when you shine light on its light sensor.
- Newton will force its way through obstacles in your path if you shake the touch sensor.
- Level Editor: Design and create your own game levels, share them, and access other players levels.
Level by level, learn the basics of the Arduino programming language!
- Solve increasingly complex Arduino puzzles.
- Discover which program commands make the LEDs on your gamepad blink and the sound module activate.
- Learn how your gamepad works and how you can configure it yourself.
Apply your new programming knowledge in cool projects!
- Use the sensors in new applications to bring your own ideas to life.
- Use the light sensor to count how many times a drawer is opened or program an alarm system that sends you messages.
- Enter the digital makers world and unleash your creativity.
- Arduino-compatible microcontroller (with Bluetooth)
- Rotary control wheel/li>
- Circuit board
- Gamepad housing
- Two push buttons
- Motion sensor
- Parts for projects
- CodeGamer App
- Melt iceblocks
- Solve puzzles
- Obstacle courses
- And many more fascinating projects
|Age Group||9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|
What are the shipping costs?
FREE Shipping is available on all orders over $120 to anywhere in Australia!
Orders under the value of $120 incur a low flat rate shipping cost of only $9.95 to anywhere in Australia.
Express, Registered and International delivery options are also available. The cost for these premium shipping services will be automatically calculated during the checkout process. Please conact us if you have any queries with these services.
In some cases we may need to apply a shipping surcharge to large or fragile items, especially to remote or non-urban locations. You will be contacted by us for confirmation if this additional charge is applicable.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?.
You should receive your order within 2 to 4 working days, although to some regional and out back areas it can take up to 2 working days longer. Orders going to WA also take a little longer, up to 6 working days.
All standard orders are shipped using Australia Post's eParcel service, so you'll be kept fully informed of the progress of your order during its journey to you. Aside from receiving regular email updates, you can enter your tracking number into Australia Post's website at any time for information about the delivery status of your order.
International delivery will take from between 1 to 4 weeks depending on the destination and potential customs clearance delays.
When will my order be shipped?
We ship every Victorian business day. Orders received and paid for by 12pm AEST time will generally be shipped the same day.
If you require your order urgently, we have a next day delivery express service available.
What locations do you ship to?
We ship to both Australian and International customers.
What shipping options are available?
The majority of orders are shipped using Australia Post's trackable eParcel service, with larger orders being sent by national courier.
We also have options for express or registered post. A number of international delivery options are also available. These can be selected during checkout.