- To understand that the flower is the reproductive centre of the plant.
- To identify the key parts of the flower involved in reproduction.
What You Need:
- A Balloon
- A Hex Nut or a 50 Cent Piece
What to do:
- Place the hexanut (or 50 cent piece) inside the balloon, inflate it and tie it off.
- Hold the balloon as shown and move it around in a circular motion by rotating your wrist. The hexanut should spin around the inside of the balloon and create a strange buzzing sound.
Why is it so?
As the hexanut moves around and rubs against the sides of the balloon, it causes the balloon to vibrate, which in turn causes the air both inside and outside the balloon to vibrate. The balloon acts as a ‘resonator’, or natural amplifier, of the sound.