UV Torch, 51 LED, 365nm Black Light
Why Shop With Us?
Top Customer Service
Teacher Owned & Operated
Customer Loyalty Program
This 51-LED black light torch has a short 365 nM UV wavelength, useful for specific applications as well as for glowing and fluorescence experiments. Turn it on, and you won't seemuch visible light, but boy, the high out-put of UV light sure makes up for it - with wild glow results opening-up a whole new world. Powered by 3 AA batteries (sold separately), this UV torch has a tough aluminium body and includes a handy wrist strap.
Age: 12 + with adult supervision (do not shine in eyes or on skin)
What You Get
51-LED 365nM black light UV torch. Requires 3 AA batteries (sold separately).
- Short wave length 51-LED UV torch
- Light frequency: 365 nM.
- Size: 15cm long and 5.5cm head diameter
- Ideal for glow experiments, mineral inspection, secruity control, rodent and leak detection
- Brightness: 11000 MCD (Millicandela)
- Full aluminium construction (rubber on/off switch on tail of torch)
- Portable, pocket-sized
- Flat LED light face (no glass)
- Approved: CE / FCC
- Nylon Wrist Strap included
- Requires 3 AA Batteries (sold separately), 4.5 Volts
How does it work?
This hand held black light has a shorter wavelength than many UV torches - it has less visible light, but more UV light for better glow and fluorescence results. Objects glow under black light, because they absorb the invisible UV radition and emit a light of a different wavelength that is visible to us as luminescence.
- The science of glow lies in the product's phosphors. A phosphor is a substance that radiates visible light after being energized.
- Ultraviolet light and the different wavelengths of light in the visible and invisible spectrum
|Age Group||9-10 Years, 11-12 Years, 12+ Years|